General licensing information

Every venue selling alcohol in England, Scotland or Wales whether a pub, restaurant, off licence or theatre needs a premises licence. On this licence an individual needs to be named by written consent as the main point of contact for the Police and Responsible Authorities.
This individual is responsible for ensuring that the day to day running of the licence premises is both lawful and compliant with the relevant Licensing Act. They MUST hold a valid personal licence.
In England and Wales this person is known under the Licensing Act 2003 as the;
   Designated Premises Supervisor – DPS   Click for information
In Scotland this person is known under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 as the;
   Designated Premises Manager – DPM   Click for information