Please click the image on the right to enter PLT (UK) Ltd online.
Under the Licensing Act (Scotland) 2005, all staff working in licensed premises in Scotland must undertake a minimum of two hours of training, covering 16 prescribed training units.
The Scottish Certificate for Licensed Premises Staff (SCLPS) e-learning course is a fully interactive training program, covering the 16 training units. On achieving this award and receiving your SCLPS certificate, you are ready to start work immediately in licensed premises anywhere in Scotland.
- Course: Scottish Certificate for Licensed Premises Staff
- Duration: 21 days access to the online course
- Course fee: £10.00 per candidate
Course fee is exclusive of VAT.
BOOKING INFORMATION FOR ONLINE SCLPS COURSE
Please click on the image on the right to enter Personal Licence Online and then create a user.
Select the Scottish Certificate for Licensed Premises Staff e-learning course.
SCLPS training covers 16 units prescribed by the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005:
- The legal basis of the requirement for the training of staff.
- Licensing and the licensing objectives.
- The definition of “alcohol” in the Act.
- What constitutes an unlicensed activity or sale?
- The functions of Licensing Standards Officers, including their powers of entry.
- The Function of an Operating Plan within the Licensing System
- The different types of premises licence conditions.
- Special provision for clubs.
- Licensed hours.
- Offences under the Act, particularly those involving persons under the age of 18.
- Proof of age and the Sale of Alcohol to Children and Young Persons.
- Test purchasing of alcohol.
- Best practice as regards standards of service and refusing service.
- Units of alcohol and the relationship between units and the strength of different alcoholic drinks.
- The sensible drinking limits for males and females recommended by the British Medical Association.
- Good practice in managing conflict situations.
SALPS COURSE BOOK
The Scottish Award for Licensed Premises Staff (SALPS) course book is an ideal training tool for on-site training. As with the SCLPS e-learning course, the SALPS course publication covers the 16 prescribed training units for licensed premises staff. The fee for this course includes certification- essential for the employee as this is a transferable qualification. A training record is also included with this publication.
- Course: Scottish Award for Licensed Premises Staff (SALPS)
- Course fee from: £6.99 per candidate (discounts for group bookings may apply)
Call 0845 388 5472 to order this publication.